If you wish this site to continue, consider a donation to ensure it's accurate completion.
(Credit cards or PayPal may be used by clicking on the "Donate" icon in the Navigation section to your left.
Cars have been located in:
- Barrie - Byfield - Jan 1898 - new construction for coming season - See: Barrie1898
- Cobourg - Robert Terwilligar - Jun 1856 - only advertised for 2 weeks
- Comber - C L MacDermott - 1880 - remained & settled there
- Chatham - Robert Taylor - <?-Dec 1865 - Apr 1869-?> built on large side & sky-light combo
- Galt - William B Choate (CdaD57-8Canada Directory, 1857-8, John Lovell, Corrected to November 1857 - (ROdigi))
- Ingersoll - William F Robertson - Nov 1855 - apparently parked until at least Aug 8 1856
- London - Graves & Prudden - Oct 1854
- Milton - Adam Bowman - June 1866 - was attempting to sell
- Mount Albert - Unknown Dec 8 1893 - Left Apr 1894
- New Hamburg - Kilburn & McVen - Jan 1857 Ambrotype Saloon
- Newmarket - May 1895 Andrews & Cole - new car left on travels
- Niagara-on-the-Lake - Graves & Prudden - 1855 - destroyed by a tornado Apr 18, 1855
- Orangeville - J C Beemer sold in Apr 1863 to James B House
- Peterborough - R Thompson sold to Henry James 1856
- Port Hope - F Kimmerly - Dec 1854 - parked beside Foster & Carson's store
- Port Perry - James Leonard - July - Aug 1857 - was to visit various towns in area
- Richmond Hill - George Gilbertson - Jun & Jul 1860, Sep 1860
- St Catharines - Graves & Prudden - Sep 1854
- Stratford & Mitchell - Eli L Johnson - 1858 and 1860
- Stratford - C Cartwright sold Oct 1864 to M E Land who parked it alongside his own.
- Tavistock - J C Sutherland - late May 1894 - moved into regular office by year's end
- Tilbury - C L MacDermott - 1880 - on way to Comber
- Toronto - James H Stubbs - Waggon(GWRGazD61-2Great Western Railway Gazetteer & Directory, 1861-1862 - (ROdigi))(CdaD62-3)
First instance found so far is George R Martin in Fredonia NY, July 1851
Edgefield, SC - John Leigh - In 1853, 1854 and 1855 he visited Edgefield with a daguerreian car.
NY - J H Vickery - advertised sale of a daguerreian car June 19, 1854 in central New York State.
West Union, Ia - Fall of 1854, George W. Snell arrived with a traveling daguerrean car, stopped on the public square and remained some time.
Delhi NY - Feb 1866 - Fire - shoe shop of Jacob Churchill, a temporary concern...(an old daguerreian car) between Belcher's and the Republican newspaper office was pulled down to save the paper office. Ithaca, NY - Milton S Lathrop - 1854 to 1858 he listed a daguerreian CAR on East Water Street.